The average salary for a Fashion Designer with Adobe Photoshop skills in Hong Kong is HK$260,000.
Is Fashion Designer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$15k - HK$412k
HK$15k - HK$27k
HK$15k - HK$412k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fashion Designer
A fashion designer creates designs for items like clothing, shoes, and accessories. Prior to creating a prototype, the designer will create a sketch of the clothing. Usually, this clothing concept will then be presented to management, who will approve the clothing so that a prototype can be created. The fashion designer will often be expected to have sewing skills, in order to create the first clothing example. When the design is handed over to a factory or other clothing producer, the designer …Read more
Fashion Designer Tasks
- Draw patterns and specifications for articles of clothing, determining factors such as design, colors, materials, and methods of production.
- Promote designs by displaying samples of clothing at sales meetings and fashion shows.
- Follow fashion trends by researching customer preferences, attending fashion shows, and reading fashion publications.
- Develop design ideas based on targeted demographic and preferences of management or clients.
- Supervise assistants creating patterns and producing samples of articles of clothing.
Explore the most common career paths for Fashion Designer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Fashion Designer Job Listings
Popular Skills for Fashion Designer
Skills in Design and Product Development are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay by Experience Level for Fashion Designer
An early career Fashion Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$240,000 based on 8 salaries. A mid-career Fashion Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$282,750 based on 11 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 19 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
HK$21k - HK$389k
HK$16k - HK$290k
HK$176k - HK$359k
HK$19k - HK$426k
HK$185k - HK$525k
HK$70k - HK$885k
HK$28k - HK$698k
HK$290k - HK$834k
HK$12k - HK$235k
HK$50k - HK$993k