The average salary for a Fashion Designer with Adobe Photoshop skills in Hong Kong is HK$249,331.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Fashion Designers Do?
A fashion designer creates designs for items like clothing, shoes, and accessories. Prior to creating a prototype, the designer will create a sketch of the clothing. Usually, this clothing concept will then be presented to management, who will approve the clothing so that a prototype can be created. The fashion designer will often be expected to have sewing skills, in order to create the first clothing example. When the design is handed over to a factory or other clothing producer, the designer …Read more
Fashion Designer Tasks
- Draw patterns and specifications for articles of clothing, determining factors such as design, colors, materials, and methods of production.
- Promote designs by displaying samples of clothing at sales meetings and fashion shows.
- Follow fashion trends by researching customer preferences, attending fashion shows, and reading fashion publications.
- Develop design ideas based on targeted demographic and preferences of management or clients.
- Supervise assistants creating patterns and producing samples of articles of clothing.
Explore the most common career paths for Fashion Designer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner
to research other job paths.
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Fashion Designer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Fashion Designers?
Skills in Design, Product Development and Technical Garment Knowledge are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Adobe Illustrator.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fashion Designers?
An early career Fashion Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$232,737 based on 13 salaries. A mid-career Fashion Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$282,750 based on 11 salaries. An experienced Fashion Designer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$305,500 based on 6 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 30 survey responses.