The average salary for a Fashion Designer with Adobe Illustrator skills is HK$272,381.
Is Fashion Designer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$15k - HK$403k
HK$15k - HK$52k
HK$15k - HK$416k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fashion Designer
A fashion designer creates designs for items like clothing, shoes, and accessories. Prior to creating a prototype, the designer will create a sketch of the clothing. Usually, this clothing concept will then be presented to management, who will approve the clothing so that a prototype can be created. The fashion designer will often be expected to have sewing skills, in order to create the first clothing example. When the design is handed over to a factory or other clothing producer, the designer …Read more
Fashion Designer Tasks
- Draw patterns and specifications for articles of clothing, determining factors such as design, colors, materials, and methods of production.
- Promote designs by displaying samples of clothing at sales meetings and fashion shows.
- Follow fashion trends by researching customer preferences, attending fashion shows, and reading fashion publications.
- Develop design ideas based on targeted demographic and preferences of management or clients.
- Supervise assistants creating patterns and producing samples of articles of clothing.
Fashion Designer Job Listings
Popular Skills for Fashion Designer
Skills in Design are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Product Development and Adobe Photoshop.
Pay by Experience Level for Fashion Designer
An early career Fashion Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$235,300 based on 8 salaries. A mid-career Fashion Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$260,000 based on 11 salaries. An experienced Fashion Designer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$332,800 based on 4 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 23 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
HK$21k - HK$395k
HK$16k - HK$289k
HK$175k - HK$363k
HK$16k - HK$413k
HK$185k - HK$525k
HK$70k - HK$855k
HK$181k - HK$715k
HK$290k - HK$834k
HK$12k - HK$237k
HK$50k - HK$1m