The average pay for a General Sales Manager is HK$490,565 per year.
|Salary||HK$216,000 - HK$1,024,085|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|HK$216,000 - HK$1,240,000|
Job Description for General Sales Manager
General sales managers oversee the sales department at a company or business. Their duties often include hiring and training sales employees, working with the sales team to ensure they meet goals and targets, compiling data from the sales team to present to upper management, and ensuring that the company is bringing in enough revenue. Depending on the size of the business, a general sales manager may also be responsible for general marketing duties, such as strategic planning or developing effective sales approaches.Read More...
A general sales manager position does not usually require a specifc education level. However, a high school diploma or GED is highly recommended, and a bachelor’s degree in a field such as business may be beneficial. A general sales manager will frequently need at least five years of relevant sales experience and a track record of meeting/exceeding their sales goals. Leadership and management skills are also important.
A general sales manager often work more than 40 hours a week and regularly communicate with upper management at the company. A general sales manager commonly acts as a liaison from the sales department to other departments at the company. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
General Sales Manager Tasks
- Maintain contact with key markets by visiting and investigating the operations and local conditions.
- Manage and train sales staff, implement sales incentive programs and goals to increase employee performance.
- Develop, forecast and monitor budget and utilize operational resources.
- Plan and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
- Ensure execution of the developed sales strategies, plans and advertising and promotional programs.
General Sales Manager Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Key Stats for General Sales Manager