The average salary for a Programmer Analyst with SQL skills in Hong Kong is HK$308,418.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Programmer Analysts Do?
Programmer analysts work at various organizations. They design, code, and test new programs. They must document programs that they write. Documentation should include flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and revision dates. They debug, troubleshoot, and maintain source code related to various computer programs. Programmer analysts may also be required to customize computer programs that were bought from vendors to meet their organization’s specific needs. They must know co…Read more
Programmer Analyst Tasks
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Work with users from identifying conceptual system requirements through completion.
- Work with middle-tier developers to integrate back-end database code with business applications.
- Plan, design, schedule, write, and debug software for web sites.
- Plan, design, schedule, write, and debug database stored procedures and complex queries to extract, calculate or manipulate information.
Explore the most common career paths for Programmer Analyst. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner
to research other job paths.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Programmer Analyst Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Programmer Analysts?
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Programmer Analysts?
An early career Programmer Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$295,448 based on 51 salaries. A mid-career Programmer Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$360,639 based on 38 salaries. An experienced Programmer Analyst with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$190,000 based on 9 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 98 survey responses.