What Do Sales Directors Do?
Sales directors are high-level management employees and occasional executives who are responsible for directing sales teams, either for an entire company or within a regional or branding division. The sales director provides vision and guidance to his/her team and entrusts it to execute projected revenue quotas for the goods or services provided by the company. These directors may also create or have direct input in sales campaigns and marketing initiatives, and they typically have sales manager…Read more
- Direct the management staff in meeting sales objectives and goals.
- Plan, direct and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
- Develop, forecast and monitor budget and utilize operational resources.
- Maintain contact with key markets and customers, while maximizing potential volume.
- Plans and directs sales force activities to maximize profit from all segments of the market.