Mid-Career Training Manager Salary (Hong Kong)
A Mid-Career Training Manager earns an average salary of HK$476,283 per year.
Job Description for Training Manager
A training manager is responsible for working with departments, perhaps the entire company, to identify training needs. They also may be responsible for researching, conducting, and coordinating training. A training manager may need to supervise team trainers, who conduct training for the other employees.Read More...
Training managers must be proficient in numerous areas to be successful. They often need to make their own training presentations or PowerPoints, as well as write lesson plans. They should have knowledge of numerous training mediums, such as online learning, classroom learning, and lectures. They also must be able to identify weaknesses in others, research costs of a specific classes or schools, and provide strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
A training manager position often requires a bachelor's degree in communications or a related field, or in a field that meshes with the needs of the company. Often, the training manager position requires irregular hours and travel outside of the area, especially in instances in which training must be performed across multiple shifts or in which they must be certified elsewhere to conduct the training in-house. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Training Manager Tasks
- Coach and support staff through operational changes and supervision issues.
- Create, refine, and disseminate training manuals and other educational materials.
- Prepare training budget and evaluate instructor costs and performance.
- Support performance management and review process for supervisors and employees.
- Lead and evaluate training programs, orientation, and personnel development.