Avg. Base Salary (EUR)
The average salary for a General Manager is €49,263
What is the Pay by Experience Level for General Managers?
An early career General Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €39,996 based on 20 salaries. A mid-career General Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €45,000 based on 14 salaries. An experienced General Manager …Read more
What Do General Managers Do?
The position of a general manager requires leadership qualities and the ability to oversee a business and lead a team of employees. General manager positions can vary greatly, as most places of employment require some sort of management position, but the job's main requirements are the ability to run various tasks throughout the day, motivate others, and be responsible for a team of staff.
Depending on the employer, most general managers work indoors in an office setting doing paperwork, …Read more
- Plan, develop and implement the operational strategies and tactics.
- Ensure adequate management training and development to provide for management succession.
- Direct and lead staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by ownership.
- Plan, control, communicate and implement procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
- Lead and direct executive management team in the development, production, promotion of products and services.
FAQs About General Managers
What is the highest pay for General Managers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a General Manager is €76k / year
What is the lowest pay for General Managers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a General Manager is €31k / year
How can General Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a General Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a General Manager that oversees more junior General Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.