The average pay for a Medical Scientist is €16.00 per hour.
The average pay for a Medical Scientist is €34,183 per year.
|Salary||€29,864 - €54,929|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|€29,940 - €54,717|
Job Description for Medical Scientist
A medical scientist is someone who works to try to gain a better understanding of human anatomical processes, diseases, and related biological research. Universities, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies, and research hospitals may employ medical scientists. The medical scientist will typically base his or her career around a mix of research and analysis, as well as producing detailed finding papers and teaching work.Read More...
As a researcher, a medical scientist will typically work in a laboratory environment, normally within a tightly defined specialization. The scientist will normally propose experiments and studies and work with a staff to design and implement these endeavors. The medical scientist will typically collect findings, analyze biological data across multiple vectors, and issue a report on the findings of his or her experiments as conclusions to present. A medical scientist may have one or more studies active at any time and may create multiple experiments as part of a larger field of investigation.
A medical scientist normally must have an exceptional education background, typically certified as an MD at the very least. However, some in the field seek doctorates in related disciplines. Medical scientists must be organized and fluent in technology. For those scientists in the academic sphere, written and verbal communication skills are also useful. Most persons within this occupation work in laboratories and academic offices during regular hours of the business week, although some study requirements may cause irregular work schedules as well. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Medical Scientist Tasks
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Prepare and analyze organ, tissue and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms, or to study cell structure.
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Investigate cause, progress, life cycle, or mode of transmission of diseases or parasites.
- Evaluate effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, parasites, and microorganisms at various levels.
Medical Scientist Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Key Stats for Medical Scientist