The average salary for a Medical Scientist in Ireland is €35,434.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Medical Scientists Do?
A medical scientist is someone who works to try to gain a better understanding of human anatomical processes, diseases, and related biological research. Universities, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies, and research hospitals may employ medical scientists. The medical scientist will typically base his or her career around a mix of research and analysis, as well as producing detailed finding papers and teaching work.
As a researcher, a medical scientist will typically work in a laboratory e…Read more
Medical Scientist Tasks
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Prepare and analyze organ, tissue and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms, or to study cell structure.
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Investigate cause, progress, life cycle, or mode of transmission of diseases or parasites.
- Evaluate effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, parasites, and microorganisms at various levels.
Medical Scientist Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Medical Scientists?
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scientists?
An early career Medical Scientist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €33,024 based on 36 salaries. A mid-career Medical Scientist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €41,263 based on 13 salaries. An experienced Medical Scientist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €51,001 based on 19 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of €54,422.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Medical Scientist in their job title in Cork, Cork earn an average of 36.9% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Galway, Galway (9.8% less), Dublin, Dublin (3.5% less) and Limerick, Limerick (0.8% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 76 survey responses.