Entry-Level Contracted Faculty Salary (India)
An Entry-Level Contracted Faculty earns an average salary of Rs 479,089 per year.
|Range||Rs 0Rs 1M|
|Salary||Rs 121,330 - Rs 1,010,139|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|Rs 125,958 - Rs 1,651,047|
|Hourly Data||Rs 0Rs 1K|
|Hourly Rate||Rs 294 - Rs 1,973|
|Annual Data||Rs 0Rs 1M|
|Total Pay (||Rs 125,958 - Rs 1,651,047|
Job Description for Contracted Faculty
Contracted faculty members work in a postsecondary educational environment, typically in a classroom setting with undergraduate students. They are either given a course adoption/revision (CAR) form or are asked to develop a CAR to be approved by the department to which the course is assigned. If it is a new course, it will be accepted for a preliminary period of time and reviewed by the department and school.Read More...
These faculty members use the given or developed curriculum to create a teaching plan that allows their class to learn all of the materials necessary to complete the course. Since full-time faculty have the right of first refusal for classes, contracted faculty may be assigned classes outside of their regularly assigned instructional area.
Contracted faculty members generally must have a post-baccalaureate degree (such as a Ph.D.) in their area of expertise and the ability to teach undergraduate students in this area. Certain programs also require that the contracted faculty member have any national, state, or regional accreditation for their area of instruction. All recurring accreditation required for certain areas of study must be up to date and provided to the employer upon request. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Contracted Faculty Tasks
- Teach assigned courses as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
- Keep accurate and appropriate records in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Assist in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi, as appropriate.
- Assist, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
Contracted Faculty Job Listings
Key Stats for Contracted Faculty
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 3 votes.