Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Field Engineer is £31,068
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Field Engineers?
A mid-career Field Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £32,970 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Field Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £34,000 based on 6 salaries. In their late career (20 years …Read more
What Do Field Engineers Do?
A field engineer's responsibilities are highly specialized to the profession. They must have a comprehensive understanding of technological services and the specific machines and mechanisms of the company, as much of the position requires installing, replacing, or providing maintenance on these machines. A field engineer has a mobile job, meaning that the individual will travel often to different locations to identify weak areas in the mechanisms used across the company, report these to an …Read more
- Provide technical support for projects including design, installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation and operation of systems.
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine project recommendations.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure accordance to specifications, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve instruments, electronic components, equipment or systems.
- Offer technical, operational, and administrative information, and resolution of technical issues to customers and staff.