Avg. Base Hourly Rate (GBP)
The average hourly pay for a Sign Maker is £9.08
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Sign Makers?
An early career Sign Maker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £8.28 based on 41 salaries. A mid-career Sign Maker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £8.44 based on 30 salaries. An experienced Sign Maker with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Sign Makers Do?
Signmakers create signs for marketing purposes and to symbolize the image of a company. They are usually responsible for the physical production of signs, such as applying vinyl and then mounting them for display. It may be important to be able to read layouts and blueprints and interpret drawings in order to turn them into real signs. Parts of the sign may be generated by a computer and then applied by the signmaker by cutting, painting, laminating, and cleaning, and this process should always …Read more
- Collaborate with client to design custom sign.
- Assemble sign components and comply with safety regulations.
- Repair or revise sign components as needed.
- Monitor workflow of orders.
- Work with a variety of materials (i.e. neon channel lighting, vinyl) and a variety of equipment (i.e. computer programs, hand-tools, electrical tools) to produce components of the sign.