Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Social Media Specialist is £22,994
What Do Social Media Specialists Do?
A social media expert is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and customer care strategies through the use of social media. They are also usually responsible for maintaining the employer's public image on the Internet through mediums such as Facebook and Twitter, reaching out to their current/potential customer base and opening a dialogue to better understand public feeling about the company. This professional must also address and help resolve any complaints or criticisms from …Read more
- Write, develop, and strategize for online content production and scheduling.
- Assist with crisis and negative news communications.
- Develop outreach and partner programs with relevant individuals and communities.
- Track metrics on audience, content, views, and competitors.
- Work with teams to identify social media content, topics, and information flow.