Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Solicitor is £39,442 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Solicitors?
An entry-level Solicitor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £29,998 based on 47 salaries. An early career Solicitor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £34,924 based on 434 salaries. A mid-career Solicitor …Read more
What Do Solicitors Do?
A solicitor's job is highly diverse, but it can be compared to that of a human resources employee. Generally, a solicitor has the job of recruiting new individuals to work for a company. It is a solicitor's job to find new people that are not only qualified for the company, but are also a good match for the company itself. Other duties can include coming up with new and different business ideas for the company and managing incoming company calls.
Due to the diverse nature of the job to …Read more
- Solicit outstanding financial obligations, such as loans, liens, and fees, from borrowers or third parties.
- Draft legal instruments and reports, such as letters and petitions for payment.
- Use and update account tracking systems with financial information and workout activity.
- Assist in reviewing utility accounts, investigating unpaid claims and liens, and developing payment plans.
- Manage assigned utility accounts, assisting with loss mitigation, negotiating workouts, and collecting paperwork.
FAQs About Solicitors
What is the highest pay for Solicitors?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Solicitor is £67k / year
What is the lowest pay for Solicitors?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Solicitor is £27k / year
How can Solicitors increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Solicitor is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Solicitor that oversees more junior Solicitors, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.