Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Town Planner is £28,726
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Town Planners?
An entry-level Town Planner with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £22,446 based on 14 salaries. An early career Town Planner with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £26,254 based on 127 salaries. A mid-career Town …Read more
What Do Town Planners Do?
Town planners specialize in short- and long-term decisions involving community development. Their aim to oversee the development of aspects such as agriculture, tourism, and transportation to optimize the town's growth. Town planning is a broad area of work and requires a broad range of skills to match. Some planners focus on particular areas, such as historical development or environmental aspects of building. Duties associated with town planner positions include filing zoning requests with …Read more
- Develop long and short term plans for land use, growth, maintenance, and revitalization.
- Monitor relevant legislation and ensure compliance of all projects with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist and make recommendations on funding allocations for programs or transportation projects.
- Develop, design, and implement studies on transportation, air quality, housing, and population, and analyze and report on results.
- Address social, economic, environmental, and health problems by making recommendations location improvements or zoning regulations.