Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Academic Advisor is $43,196
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Academic Advisors?
An entry-level Academic Advisor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $39,476 based on 66 salaries. An early career Academic Advisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $41,323 based on 794 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Academic Advisors Do?
Universities and colleges employ academic advisors to help current and incoming students make appropriate decisions regarding their education. The advisor is typically assigned to a specific university department and has a strong knowledge of all requirements for degrees offered in that department. The advisor serves as an information provider, counselor, and facilitator for students.
The advisor helps students design their course schedules, keeps abreast of degree requirement changes or …Read more
- Advise students on potential avenues of education based on strengths and interests.
- Assist with student enrollment and registration.
- Issue recommendations to the proper department for enhanced student success.
- Sustain contact with students throughout their education journey and guide them towards graduation.
- Provide mentoring and success strategy counseling services to students.