Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Academic Advisor (College/University) is $47,932
What Do Academic Advisor (College/University)s Do?
College and university academic advisors provide key information to - and answer questions from - current and prospect students of their institution. They handle advising duties in their area of expertise or department - for example, an advisor may work in a specific department or exclusively with incoming freshmen. Academic advisors also participate in recruiting and information events aimed at current and prospective students, as well as orientation meetings. They generally work full time in …Read more
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff or department.
- Assist in course registration and planning.
- Provide outreach to students in danger of not completing degree requirements and identify at-risk scenarios.
- Assist students in understanding and reaching degree requirements.
- Assess method of payment for services, initiate processing, may refer to specialist for financial options.