Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Academic Director is $65,195
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Academic Directors?
An early career Academic Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $52,868 based on 36 salaries. A mid-career Academic Director with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $66,967 based on 69 salaries. An experienced Academic …Read more
What Do Academic Directors Do?
Academic directors are responsible for developing and directing all academic programs and strategies for colleges and universities. Strong business and management skills are necessary in this position to provide leadership and guidance and interact with students and their families, and they're also tasked with developing curricula and hiring and training academic personnel.
Academic directors serve as liaisons for human resources (HR) employees and executive officers to establish outlines for …Read more
- Oversee curriculum and content development, revisions, and evaluations.
- Review data to update strategies.
- Interact with the public, the media, students, faculty, staff, and prospective students.
- Manage staff to ensure course materials, instruction, reception, and facilities are up to standards.
- Research and make recommendations about technology and instructional delivery.