Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Accounting Technician is $33,978
What Do Accounting Technicians Do?
Accounting technicians may work in a variety of environments, including in financial, clerical, or support roles. They perform a variety of duties for accounting firms or departments, such as preparing accounts, handling invoices, handle bookkeeping, and monitor budgets They also often monitor departmental resources, manage payroll, write reports, and audit work.
Accounting technicians must maintain professional relationships not only with their supervisor, but other office staff and clients. …Read more
- Maintain and make necessary adjustments to records and/or logs such as journals, payroll/ time reports, or property records.
- Verify and reconcile simple bank statements or department records.
- Balance entries and make necessary corrections.
- Sort documents and post debits/credits to proper account .
- Verify amounts and codes on various forms for accuracy.