Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Accounts Payable Specialist is $22.23
What Do Accounts Payable Specialists Do?
An accounts payable specialist works with all facets of the accounting system, principally the validation, processing, and filing of invoices. The specialist must make sure that all invoices are accurate and have been properly documented and approved by the authorizing employee prior to making a payment. Once the proper verifications and authorizations are received, the specialist is responsible for submitting payments in a timely fashion. This position also requires preparing and mailing …Read more
- Analyze, prioritize, code and pay bills and invoices, managing vendor or supplier expectations.
- Make timely payments for internal vouchers and expenses.
- Reconcile financial statements and forecasts, maintaining files for accounts.
- Answer inquiries from vendors, suppliers, and employees, and research discrepancies.
- Write and send checks, recording transactions on internal systems.