Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Administrative Technician is $16.68
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Administrative Technicians?
An early career Administrative Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.86 based on 43 salaries. A mid-career Administrative Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.92 based on 20 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Administrative Technicians Do?
Administrative technicians work primarily in offices and perform a variety of technical, administrative, and clerical duties, including front line customer service, reception, operating multi-line telephone systems, distributing mail, filing documents, pulling legal case records, and maintaining and buying supplies.
A high school diploma is often a minimum requirement for this position, and multitasking and close attention to detail are highly beneficial. Verbal skills and proficiency in …Read more
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests.
- Supervise support clerical staff.
- Review, track and prepare budgets; maintain records and databases.
- Coordinate space and office organization; purchase and manage supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate office and/or departmental operations.