Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer is $70,772
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Applications Systems Analyst/Programmers?
An entry-level Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,826 based on 10 salaries. An early career Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Applications Systems Analyst/Programmers Do?
Applications systems analysts/programmers are in charge of analyzing and developing programming logic for software packages in their organization. They are responsible for coding specific requirements based on company objectives. Their main duties include testing a variety of computer programs and measuring their performance using advanced tools, as well as creating documentation based on their findings and integrating application components. They also recommend changes to improve systems, …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Work with users from identifying conceptual system requirements through completion.
- Work with middle-tier developers to integrate back-end database code with business applications.
- Plan, design, schedule, write, and debug software for web sites.
- Plan, design, schedule, write, and debug database stored procedures and complex queries to extract, calculate or manipulate information.