Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Applications Systems Analyst is $73,098
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Applications Systems Analysts?
An entry-level Applications Systems Analyst with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,547 based on 13 salaries. An early career Applications Systems Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $69,331 based on …Read more
What Do Applications Systems Analysts Do?
Application systems analysts consult with management and help develop software to fit clients' needs. Application systems analyst must provide accurate, quality analyses of new program applications, as well as conduct testing, locate potential problems, and solve them in an efficient manner. Clients' needs may vary widely (for example, they may work in the medical field or in the securities industry), and staying up to date with software and technology trends in their field are essential. …Read more
- Conduct application testing and provide database management support.
- Create and maintain documentation as necessary for operational and security audits.
- Establish new users, manage access levels and reset passwords.
- Analyze and route issues into the proper ticketing systems and update and close tickets in a timely manner.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.