Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Appointment Setter is $13.55
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Appointment Setters?
An entry-level Appointment Setter with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.57 based on 22 salaries. An early career Appointment Setter with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.99 based on 82 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Appointment Setters Do?
Appointment setters are telemarketers who call businesses and individuals to encourage them to make appointments to meet with sales representatives. Those in this position must be able to listen to potential customers and determine their needs by maintaining extensive knowledge of the products and services offered and how they can benefit customers. They must also be able to answer any questions customers may have, and many positions have commission and minimum sales goals.
This position may …Read more
- Make calls to prospective clients and businesses using leads and cold-call lists to generate appointments for sales representatives.
- Connect with private consumers and businesses to get them to commit to a sales appointment.
- Provide information to incoming calls and questions.
- Manage filing systems that track correspondences and other marketing related material.
- Overcome rejection and build interest by explaining the advantages of various products and services.