Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Archivist, Curator, or Museum Technician is $45,647
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Archivist, Curator, or Museum Technicians?
An early career Archivist, Curator, or Museum Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $40,695 based on 27 salaries. A mid-career Archivist, Curator, or Museum Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $51,923 …Read more
What Do Archivist, Curator, or Museum Technicians Do?
Archivists help organize items such as artifacts and documents for schools and museums, among other institutions. Preservation is an essential part of the job in order to ensure that received items will last for as long as possible into the future. Archivists may also be responsible for developing an organization system if one does not exist or must be improved; this involves devising standard methods for categorizing and headlines under which certain items will go. Physical items which are …Read more
- Intake, compile, and catalogue records and artifacts, developing and/or updating archival database.
- Write and present articles on artifacts, materials, and documents.
- Manage archival exhibitions, collecting, preparing, and mounting materials.
- Provide access and reference services to artifacts, assisting patrons in locating and handling materials.
- Appraise, certify, and research origins and historical significance of artifacts, materials, and documentation.