Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Assistant Driller is $15.68
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Assistant Drillers?
An entry-level Assistant Driller with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.49 based on 12 salaries. An early career Assistant Driller with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.37 based on 32 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Assistant Drillers Do?
Assistant drillers work primarily outdoors for water, well, exploration, and drilling companies, and must follow strict safety guidelines and procedures at all times and adhere to all OSHA rules and regulations. A commercial driver's license (Class A or B) is often required for this position, and assistant drillers must be flexible to work long hours and occasional weekends.
A high school diploma may be a minimum requirement for this position, and employers usually provide on-the-job training. …Read more
- Assist in drilling operations and maintenance of drill pipe during use.
- Collect, mark, and store soil and rock samples for analyzing.
- Assist with installing and developing wells and pumping tests.
- Clean, lubricate, maintain, and/or repair equipment.
- Set up, operate, and service equipment, such as drill rigs, pumps, forklifts, front end loaders, and generators.