The average salary for an Associate Attorney with Legal Research skills at Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith Llp is $95,194.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Associate Attorneys Do?
Associate attorneys are lawyers who usually have a minimal amount of experience in the field. Many are just out of law school and developing their careers. Associate attorneys typically start out under the guidance of an experienced attorney, assisting with cases and writing reports. After gaining experience, associate attorneys can move up in the ranks of a law firm and start taking on their own clients, and acting as the lead attorney in cases. Associate attorneys essentially do the same job a…Read more
Associate Attorney Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Popular Employer Salaries for Associate Attorney
The top respondents for the job title Associate Attorney are from the companies Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, Wood, Smith, Henning and Berman and Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman,&Dicker Llp. Reported salaries are highest at Ogletree Deakins Law Firm where the average pay is $119,028. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Gordon & Rees, Llp and Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman,&Dicker Llp, earning around $104,762 and $95,000, respectively. O'Hagan Spencer LLC pays the lowest at around $80,000. Winne Banta Hetherington Basralian & Kahn and Steptoe & Johnson PLLC also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $80,700 and $88,567, respectively.
Associate Attorney Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Associate Attorneys?
Skills in Litigation Case Management, Client Interaction and Complex Litigation Case Management are correlated to pay that is above average.