The average salary for an Associate Attorney with Legal Research skills at O'Hagan Spencer LLC is $80,000.
Is Associate Attorney your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$0 - $80k
$0 - $4k
$0 - $84k
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Associate Attorney
Associate attorneys are lawyers who usually have a minimal amount of experience in the field. Many are just out of law school and developing their careers. Associate attorneys typically start out under the guidance of an experienced attorney, assisting with cases and writing reports. After gaining experience, associate attorneys can move up in the ranks of a law firm and start taking on their own clients, and acting as the lead attorney in cases. Associate attorneys essentially do the same job a…Read more
Associate Attorney Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Popular Employer Salaries for Associate Attorney
The top respondents for the job title Associate Attorney are from the companies Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, Winne Banta Hetherington Basralian & Kahn and Ogletree Deakins Law Firm. Reported salaries are highest at Ogletree Deakins Law Firm where the average pay is $121,237. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Gordon & Rees, Llp and Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith Llp, earning around $104,762 and $96,732, respectively. Albertelli Law pays the lowest at around $62,500. Winne Banta Hetherington Basralian & Kahn and Alliant Group also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $80,700 and $82,500, respectively.
Associate Attorney Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Associate Attorney
Litigation Case Management
Legal Document Review