Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Authorization Coordinator is $16.30
What Do Authorization Coordinators Do?
Authorization coordinators serve a clerical and managerial role and are responsible for verifying patient-eligibility, coordinating benefits, and facilitating insurance coverage, as well as addressing patients' concerns regarding authorization and turnaround. These coordinators may use Microsoft Office programs and should have prior experience in medical coding, and they typically work for health care companies in an office setting during regular business hours.
This position can be highly …Read more
- Interview and assist patients with authorization documents, as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate logs or reports according to professional, state, and federal requirements.
- Monitor and track patient authorizations, informing supervisor of any expired dates.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with insurance provider.
- Obtain, review and input insurance authorization and referrals prior to patient services.