Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Authorization Specialist is $13.52 in 2023
What Do Authorization Specialists Do?
An authorization specialist usually works for a company that deals with insurance claims, such as a hospital, automotive shop, or private medical practice. The authorization specialist will take insurance information from clients and will determine if authorization is necessary for the services that are needed.
The specialist may also collect any copay that is due from the patient, or he she may make payment arrangements. Then the authorization specialist will gather all the necessary …Read more
- Interview and assist patients with authorization documents, as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate logs or reports according to professional, state and federal requirements.
- Monitor and track patient authorizations, informing supervisor of any expired dates.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with insurance provider.
- Obtain, review and input insurance authorization and referrals prior to patient services.
FAQs About Authorization Specialists
What is the highest pay for Authorization Specialists in Fort Wayne?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an Authorization Specialist in Fort Wayne is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Authorization Specialists in Fort Wayne?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an Authorization Specialist in Fort Wayne is $NaN / hour
How can Authorization Specialists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an Authorization Specialist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an Authorization Specialist that oversees more junior Authorization Specialists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.