The average hourly pay for a Late-Career Authorization Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona is $17.00.
Is Authorization Specialist your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$14 - $20
$29,365 - $41,264
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Authorization Specialist
An authorization specialist usually works for a company that deals with insurance claims, such as a hospital, automotive shop, or private medical practice. The authorization specialist will take insurance information from clients and will determine if authorization is necessary for the services that are needed. The specialist may also collect any copay that is due from the patient, or he she may make payment arrangements. Then the authorization specialist will gather all the necessary paperwor…Read more
Authorization Specialist Tasks
- Interview and assist patients with authorization documents, as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate logs or reports according to professional, state and federal requirements.
- Monitor and track patient authorizations, informing supervisor of any expired dates.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with insurance provider.
- Obtain, review and input insurance authorization and referrals prior to patient services.
Explore the most common career paths for Authorization Specialist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Authorization Specialist Job Listings
Years of Experience
This data is based on 14 survey responses.