Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Banquet Captain is $14.81
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Banquet Captains?
An entry-level Banquet Captain with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.37 based on 5 salaries. An early career Banquet Captain with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $13.25 based on 84 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Banquet Captains Do?
A banquet captain typically works at a large hotel or restaurant with dedicated large party rooms or banquet facilities. His or her major role is to act as a service supervisor for all banquets and large parties at the facility. He or she supervises setup and cleanup, as well as helps ensure the food service flows smoothly. He or she also acts as a point of contact for special requests or needs during before or during the banquet. Normally, a banquet captain works from a daily list of functions …Read more
- Manage operations for preparation, execution, and clean-up of banquets.
- Communicate with chefs, stewards, and managers about immediate and forecast problems.
- Monitor banquet rooms to enforce cleanliness, presentation, and meeting client needs.
- Coordinate with event staff, clients, chefs, maintenance, and other groups to ensure smooth operations.
- Lead banquet staff, including training, presentation, and policies, especially around alcohol and food allergies.