Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Biomedical Engineering Director is $106,919
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Biomedical Engineering Directors?
A mid-career Biomedical Engineering Director with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $111,910 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Biomedical Engineering Director with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $114,575 based on 18 …Read more
What Do Biomedical Engineering Directors Do?
Directors of biomedical engineering work primarily in hospitals and other medical centers to help determine the best forms of equipment to be used for diagnostic imaging, clinical engineering, and other medical care. These directors are usually present during planning phases to determine the visions of biomedical engineering efforts, and often work directly with vendors to negotiate orders. It is important that they stay up-to-date with all new developments in the field so that the best …Read more
- Lead teams in the development and testing of biomedical technologies, instruments, equipment, and/or procedures.
- Oversee contracts, deadlines, and patent applications.
- Document findings within presentations, reports, and publications.
- Create schedules, budgets, and training programs for engineering projects.
- Conduct research and gather data on biological engineering and materials to assist in product development.