The average hourly pay for an Entry-Level Book Seller is $8.98.
Is Book Seller your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$7 - $11
$15,433 - $23,342
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Book Seller
A bookseller works at a bookstore and sells books to customers. Strong customer service skills are necessary to interact well with customers. The bookseller may approach customers to let them know that assistance is available and to be able to understand the needs and desires of the customer. Once it is known what the customer is looking for, the bookseller can make recommendations as to where books are located or which specific books should be purchased. Commission is offered in some jobs, wh…Read more
Book Seller Tasks
- Provide very good customer service in the business of selling books.
- Respond to customer's concerns and questions, and wrap up the sale.
- Share technical knowledge and enthusiasm about all our digital products and services, providing a personalized experience to multiple customers at the same time.
- Ask questions to identify customer needs, providing recommendations using your product knowledge to connect the customer with good solutions.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, engaging them in conversations about all our products and services.
Popular Employer Salaries for Book Seller
Explore the most common career paths for Book Seller. Thickness and color of lines indicates how common a path is.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Book Seller Job Listings
Popular Skills for Book Seller
Avg. Hourly Rate
Pay by Experience Level for Book Seller
An early career Book Seller with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $9.35 based on 115 salaries. A mid-career Book Seller with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $9.85 based on 32 salaries. An experienced Book Seller with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.29 based on 27 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $10.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 181 survey responses.