Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Business Intelligence Director is $130,034
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Business Intelligence Directors?
An early career Business Intelligence Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $106,231 based on 40 salaries. A mid-career Business Intelligence Director with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $124,004 based on 117 …Read more
What Do Business Intelligence Directors Do?
Business intelligence directors are responsible for leading design and development activities related to enterprise data warehouses solutions for their organization. They are in charge of providing leadership for other business intelligence developers, architects, and professionals. They participate in business meetings to suggest changes and ideas for intelligence processes. They mentor junior staff and assist with training sessions as well. One of the director's main responsibilities include …Read more
- Partner with senior management to understand and deliver performance insights and key analytics solutions.
- Advocate for data-driven decisions, strong data governance, and other initiatives.
- Define specifications for both ad-hoc reporting and data quality projects.
- Lead, schedule, and troubleshoot technical implementations, from data definitions to models to end user reporting.
- Build, mentor, and guide business intelligence team to provide BI technical solutions as well as actionable information.