Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Business Office Representative is $15.65
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Business Office Representatives?
An entry-level Business Office Representative with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.40 based on 8 salaries. An early career Business Office Representative with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.17 based …Read more
What Do Business Office Representatives Do?
Business office representatives are primarily responsible for handing sales within their company. This person generally works in an office, although light travel may be required in order to meet with associates and other representatives.
Business office representatives generally work traditional weekly business hours and are employed in a variety of industries. Formal education requirements for the position may vary depending on the organization; many organizations do not require education …Read more
- Manage accounts receivable, accepting and processing payments from patients and verifying insurance benefits.
- Meet with patient or patient's caregiver to discuss procedures, instructions, and patient's concerns.
- Inform physicians of patient information, maintain physician's schedules, and schedule patient procedures.
- Act as receptionist, greeting and assisting clients and physicians.
- Collect and file demographic, billing, and clinical information from patients, ensuring accuracy.