Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Catering Coordinator is $14.57
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Catering Coordinators?
An entry-level Catering Coordinator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.56 based on 17 salaries. An early career Catering Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.48 based on 104 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Catering Coordinators Do?
A catering coordinator manages the catering department of a restaurant or other food service provider and oversees catering crews as they plan and prepare to serve food at events such as wedding receptions, office functions, large parties, and so on. Typically, he/she is also expected to be something of a public face for their operation, and as such utilize social and marketing skills to entice new customers and maintain the satisfaction of current ones.
Managerial and organizational skills …Read more
- Plan, organize and coordinate all aspects of events using catering services.
- Investigate and resolve catering issues regarding food, rentals, sanitation and safety.
- Communicate catering plans with other departments/partners such as venue, rental company and food vendors.
- Design catering plan including floor plans, food and beverage menus, and equipment/supply rentals with in coordination with each client.
- Market and sell catering business to new and existing customers including referrals.