Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Certified Athletic Trainer is $45,073
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Certified Athletic Trainers?
An entry-level Certified Athletic Trainer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $37,858 based on 35 salaries. An early career Certified Athletic Trainer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $42,122 based on 206 …Read more
What Do Certified Athletic Trainers Do?
A certified athletic trainer iworks with athletes to assist them in recovering from and managing injuries and pain. A variety of employers utilize trainers, from sports teams to high schools and colleges (which are normally required by regulation to have certified trainers to participate in athletics) to hospitals and clinics. Fitness centers and other specialized athletic training facilities also typically keep a certified trainer on staff as well.
The trainer should be familiar with a …Read more
- Prevent, examine, and treat athlete injuries.
- Attend meetings with the athlete and athletic director for which they are employed.
- Treat minor injuries at sports events and competitions.
- Recommend lifestyle changes, diet, and equipment.
- Assist in rehabilitation after injuries.