Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) is $16.95
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)s?
An entry-level Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.53 based on 33 salaries. An early career Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)s Do?
A certified veterinarian technician assists in the caring for animal patients. They have a wide range of duties, from keeping medical records to giving shots and medication, and generally work with veterinarians [and occasionally scientists] similarly to how nurses work with doctors. They generally work in private practices, 24-hour pet hospitals, animal shelters, and laboratories, but may also work in zoos, racetracks, boarding kennels, or rescue agencies.
CVTs are always working with …Read more
- Interact with owners and animals to collect and convey information.
- Perform imaging and diagnostic tests and interpret results.
- Administer vaccines and medications, dress wounds, and perform dental cleanings.
- Assist with procedures and examinations.
- Provide paperwork and summaries to owners and veterinaries.