Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chief Information Officer (CIO) is $165,801
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chief Information Officer (CIO)s?
An entry-level Chief Information Officer (CIO) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $103,519 based on 20 salaries. An early career Chief Information Officer (CIO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $122,547 …Read more
What Do Chief Information Officer (CIO)s Do?
In the 21st century, one of the most important operational aspects to any large enterprise is their ability to construct, maintain, and upgrade their information technology framework. This accounts for a large amount of expense, and it usually requires teams of skilled professionals to work together. In organizations that are large enough, these information systems operations are all managed by a high-level executive officer called the chief information officer (CIO).
As the top of this …Read more
- Establish, coordinate and evaluate information technology strategies for key products and services.
- Oversee management of IT personnel and development teams.
- Communicate at a senior level of the organization.
- Provide technical expertise and industry knowledge to support sales and marketing efforts.
- Oversee and evaluates IT operations.