Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization is $80,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organizations?
An early career Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,510 based on 19 salaries. An experienced Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organizations Do?
A chief operating officer in a non-profit organization makes sure that an organization’s operations are running smoothly and that they coincide with the company’s mission. Since this is a high-level position, it usually requires having worked many years in the field. The chief operating officer (COO) may work under the chief executive officer to provide advisement. The COO may work with other executives on an executive team.
It is also often necessary to lead several employees and teams, so …Read more
- Participate in financial and business planning, review financial reports, and advise the CEO about financial decisions.
- Supervise the daily administration of the organization's offices and the operation of equipment and facilities.
- Manage the budgeting process and ensure auditing and accounting policies are followed.
- Oversee the staffing of the organization, hiring, training, employee benefits, and the retention of employees.
- Monitor internal processes, and identify and employ the most efficient methods of running the organization.