The average salary for a Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization in Atlanta, Georgia is $105,000.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organizations Do?
A chief operating officer in a non-profit organization makes sure that an organization’s operations are running smoothly and that they coincide with the company’s mission. Since this is a high-level position, it usually requires having worked many years in the field. The chief operating officer (COO) may work under the chief executive officer to provide advisement. The COO may work with other executives on an executive team.
It is also often necessary to lead several employees and teams, so st…Read more
Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization Tasks
- Participate in financial and business planning, review financial reports, and advise the CEO about financial decisions.
- Supervise the daily administration of the organization's offices and the operation of equipment and facilities.
- Manage the budgeting process and ensure auditing and accounting policies are followed.
- Oversee the staffing of the organization, hiring, training, employee benefits, and the retention of employees.
- Monitor internal processes, and identify and employ the most efficient methods of running the organization.
Explore the most common career paths for Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner
to research other job paths.
Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organizations?
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization in their job title in Seattle, Washington earn an average of 36.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Washington, District of Columbia (33.3% more) and New York, New York (19.2% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Phoenix, Arizona (33.3% less), Chicago, Illinois (14.3% less) and Dallas, Texas (0.2% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 4 survey responses.
More Cities for Chief Operating Officer, Non-Profit Organization