Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a City Planner is $51,000
What Do City Planners Do?
City planners are responsible for planning developmental procedures in a city and are often at the forefront of new projects as they are implemented. They are also involved in zoning and permits for their cities, so multitasking and the ability to handle several projects at a time are highly beneficial for this position.
A bachelor’s degree is generally a minimum requirement for this position and some cities and municipalities may require a master’s degree. The ability to communicate …Read more
- Develop long and short term plans for land use, growth, maintenance, and revitalization.
- Monitor relevant legislation and ensure compliance of all projects with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist and make recommendations on funding allocations for programs or transportation projects.
- Develop, design, and implement studies on transportation, air quality, housing, and population, and analyze and report on results.
- Address social, economic, environmental, and health problems by making recommendations location improvements or zoning regulations.