Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Claims Administrator is $22.32
What Do Claims Administrators Do?
A claims administrator is responsible for working with insurance claims in the medical/healthcare field, as well as property insurance. These administrators are employed by a variety of organizations, but generally work within office environments and keep traditional weekly business hours, although overtime may occasionally be necessary. An associate’s degree in an area such as public administration is often required, and some employers prefer those with a bachelor’s degree in a related field. …Read more
- Coordinate insurance process across departments, tracking claims and reporting on aggregate metrics.
- Support and mentor staff in insurance resources, standards, data, and contacts.
- Review claim submissions and determine eligibility and level of coverage.
- Prepare and monitor insurance budgets and report on exceptional circumstances.
- File claims, enter data, and update databases with current daily information.