Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Cleaner is $12.63
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cleaners?
An entry-level Cleaner with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.76 based on 82 salaries. An early career Cleaner with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.30 based on 499 salaries. A mid-career Cleaner with 5-9 …Read more
What Do Cleaners Do?
Cleaners are responsible for keeping their place of employment looking presentable for fellow employees and other visitors. They clean and maintain floors with sweeping, mopping, and buffing; they also clean walls, windows, and doors. Cleaners dispose of trash, vacuum floors, and clean spills.
Cleaners must also keep their eye out for dangerous materials or activities to security or management. While they do not function as security guards, proper reporting can help ensure a safe workplace. …Read more
- Clean off all finger marks and smudges from vertical surfaces.
- Vacuum all rugs and carpeted in designated areas.
- Hand dust and wipe clean all furniture, fixtures, paneling and window sills.
- Empty and clean all waste receptacles and remove waste.
- Sweep or dust mop floors.