Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Clergy is $53,721
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Clergies?
An early career Clergy with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $49,475 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Clergy with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,600 based on 19 salaries. An experienced Clergy with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Clergies Do?
Clergy is a general term referring to individuals at the head of various religious congregations; for example, priests, reverends, rabbis and imams are considered clergy. Clergy typically work in churches, synagogues, mosques and other religious institutions, although institutions such as hospitals and correctional facilities may also employ clergy to help advise and offer spiritual support for individuals in the facilities and their families.
Clergy offer spiritual support in a variety of …Read more
- Lead weekly religious services.
- Perform administrative duties including correspondence, resident profiles and other appropriate services.
- Plan, organize and lead Bible studies.
- Lead or represent religious organization at weddings, baptisms, wakes, funerals and memorial services.
- Minister to members and families in need.