Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Collision Repair Technician is $15.72
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Collision Repair Technicians?
An early career Collision Repair Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.00 based on 6 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $18.
What Do Collision Repair Technicians Do?
A collision repair technician is the person who is responsible for restoring a vehicle back to its original and operational condition after a collision. This position is one which generally works within an autobody garage, which can be commercially or individually owned. While a garage is considered indoors, it can be affected by outdoor elements, such as extreme heat or cold. A collision repair technician can work with a team of other technicians or individually.
Some organizations will …Read more
- Examine damaged vehicle and plan repair process.
- Participate in required safety meetings.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle and fenders.
- Make decisions on repairing or replacing pieces while taking into consideration safety, cost and cycle time.
- Perform quality repairs in timely manner.