The average salary for a Commodity Manager in Santa Clara, California is $103,500.
Is Commodity Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$84k - $133k
$5k - $20k
$0 - $10k
$86k - $157k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Commodity Manager
The commodity manager is typically responsible for overseeing the purchasing and logistics staff. Their main objective is to ensure all departmental employees are providing high quality work and meeting all company standards. They also ensure that all purchasing requests are completed in an efficient manner, lead cost reduction initiatives, and oversee inventory management and material budgets. The commodity manager is also responsible for establishing approval guidelines for all purchase order…Read more
Commodity Manager Tasks
- Develop and implement strategies to create an efficient supply chain and reduce commodity purchase costs.
- Work to minimize supplier risk by establishing strategies for risk evaluation.
- Research potential vendors and compare their products, prices, and services.
- Negotiate contracts with commodity suppliers and set up terms for prices and delivery.
- Conduct analyses of market conditions and trends and use this information to predict future supply needs.
Commodity Manager Job Listings
Popular Skills for Commodity Manager
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Commodity Manager in their job title in San Jose, California earn an average of 26.1% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Dallas, Texas (27.5% less), Charlotte, North Carolina (22.8% less) and Cleveland, Ohio (21.2% less).
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$48k - $111k
$42k - $83k
$40k - $76k
$45k - $80k
$28k - $55k
$51k - $96k
$52k - $98k
$32k - $67k
$32k - $70k