Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Construction Inspector is $31.39
What Do Construction Inspectors Do?
Construction inspectors are responsible for overseeing safety, code requirements, and the overall construction process for their company. They routinely perform quality checks, suggest potential improvements, and grade site work and maintenance procedures. They review drainage, concrete, paving work, and safety rules; it is essential that construction inspectors are are able to read design plans and contract documents. Additionally, construction inspectors are in charge of construction …Read more
- Physically inspect construction projects and sites to ensure safe working conditions, correct materials, and eventual structural integrity.
- Work with teams to schedule utility outages, road blockages, and other site-specific safety measures.
- Examine, draw, and write reports and diagrams to demonstrate progress and plans, including those necessary for permits.
- Perform civil and structural tests on soil compaction, materials, paint thickness, etc.
- Examine plans and blueprints to identify errors in design and construction, then communicate those findings.
FAQs About Construction Inspectors
What is the highest pay for Construction Inspectors?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Construction Inspector is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Construction Inspectors?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Construction Inspector is $NaN / hour
How can Construction Inspectors increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Construction Inspector is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Construction Inspector that oversees more junior Construction Inspectors, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.