Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Construction Manager is $114,882
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Construction Managers?
An early career Construction Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $57,450 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Construction Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $79,500 based on 5 salaries. In their late career …Read more
What Do Construction Managers Do?
A construction manager oversees the construction of buildings, roads, and other structures. He or she makes sure that the work is running efficiently. Prior to starting a job, the construction manager may create a plan. The construction manager often works directly with clients, so it is important to be able to interact well with customers. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work well with staff and with clients. The ability to lead a large team is important.
The manager may oversee …Read more
- Develop schedules for reaching objectives and make sure work is completed on time.
- Supervise and direct personnel working on the project.
- Select and oversee the work of contractors contributing to the project.
- Manage the planning, materials, building, and budget of a construction or component of a project.
- Enforce safety measures and company regulations, and obtain required licenses and permits.