Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Controls Engineer is $92,495 in 2023
What Do Controls Engineers Do?
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting.
Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls …Read more
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
FAQs About Controls Engineers
What is the highest pay for Controls Engineers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Controls Engineer is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Controls Engineers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Controls Engineer is $NaN / year
How can Controls Engineers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Controls Engineer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Controls Engineer that oversees more junior Controls Engineers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.